Canada's Best Managed Companies

community login

Posted Dec 27th, 2018 in Weekly Practice Update (Support Staff), Weekly Practice Update (Practice Staff)

Welcome to a new week! Please see our practice updates below.

January Social Media Calendar Now Available

Download January’s Social Media Calendar on Community 

Click here to visit Community to view and download January's Marketing Wisdom Newsletter and Social Media Calendar.

Fee Guide Updates for 2019

Below is the Fee Guide Updates Schedule by Province:

Alberta: January 1, 2019
Saskatchewan: January 1, 2019
Manitoba: January 1, 2019
Ontario: January 1, 2019
Quebec: January 1, 2019
Newfoundland: January 1, 2019
New Brunswick: January 1, 2019
PEI: January 1, 2019
Nova Scotia: February 1, 2019
British Columbia: February 1, 2019
Yukon: April 1, 2019
Northwest Territories: April 1, 2019
Nunavut: April 1, 2019

How do I update our Practice PMS with the new fee guide by the implementation date?

Most PMS software providers have a website where you can download the new fee guide while others may email you a link. For example, if your fees are scheduled to increase on January 1st, 2019, you should have already received information from your PMS provider. If you haven’t, please contact them now. Depending on the province, you may also need your provincial dental association username and password so be sure to have that handy.

How long will the update take me to complete?

It should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.

When should I schedule the update?

If your fee guide increases begin on January 1, 2019, you will want to schedule the update the first business day of the new year – before your first patient.

What if I have issues with the update?

If you have issues with the update or are unsure how to update your PMS, contact your PMS providers Helpline directly. If you need help from your external IT support, get them involved early so the PMS is updated in time.

What if I have questions about the Fee Guide increases in my Province?

Please reach out to your Regional Director of Operations or your Financial Analyst.

Compliance Update

There is a thriving gray market in the dental industry; however, purchasing gray market products is risky and ill-advised. When the price is too good to be true, it is a sign that the product is being sold outside the usual supply chains. In all cases, reasonable measures should be taken in terms of protecting your practice and patients from lower quality materials. If you are uncertain about the legitimacy of a product or supplier, please reach out to dentalcorp’s Procurement team at procurement@dentalcorp.ca for further assistance.

For more on the regulatory or reputational risks presented by gray market goods, contact compliance@dentalcorp.ca

DC Institute: Featured Course

Porcelain Veneers from A-Z

• Calgary - April 6, 2019

Click here to register (Dentists)

Click here to register (Dental Hygienists)

For more information, please click here to view the full 2019 DC Institute Catalog. Please note: this version of the Catalog is meant for all audiences and includes public (non-dentalcorp) pricing. Remember to log in to your DC Institute Member website to enrol.

Have a wonderful week!